It is very sad that wasting water every day has become a habit. Its impact is much greater, especially in urban areas like ours. It is very sad that wasting water every day has become a habit. Its impact is much greater, especially in urban areas like ours.
Although about 70% (percent) of the earth’s surface is covered by water, only 1% of it is freshwater, which is suitable for drinking and household use. Most of the remaining water is non-water or glacial deposits or polar ice.
In fact, our freshwater resources are extremely limited and we are indifferent to these limitations. We have taken such a bad position to manage freshwater resources properly that in the process we are creating deserts, millions of hectares of land are becoming saline and even killing the whole lake in a more horrible way if we say that in some places we make them disappear.
Earth’s weather patterns are changing as the Earth’s temperature rises. Almost all countries in the world, including the United States, are rapidly rising to the top of the discussion on water.
On the one hand, it is being swept away by the floods, on the other hand, the aridity is increasing all around. Habits in our modern way of life have reduced the usability of water.
Some surprising facts about wasting water:
- Americans now use 127% (percent) more water than in 1950
- 95% (percent) of the water coming into the house goes into the drain
- There is a running tap of water while brushing through which about four gallons of water are wasted
- 3 gallons of water is used for cleaning old toilets and roughly one gallon of water is used in new toilets.
- One drop of water per second for a leaky faucet, Wasting Water 2700 gallons per year
- The water-efficient dishwasher uses 4 gallons of water per wash cycle, whereas an old dishwasher uses 13 gallons of water.
Why save the water:
- Forty of the 50 directors in 50 U.S. states are expecting a water crisis over the next decade, given the average situation in some parts of their states.
- Every American consumes an average of 8 gallons of water per day
- By using water effcient fixtures & appliances we can use 20% less water
- Added water sense level and energy star certified appliances can reduce the cost from a minimum of $ 1000 to $ 650.
How we are wasting water in Home :
We are wasting a lot of water due to old fixtures as well as inefficient appliances, wrong plumbing and our habitual habits. And because of this waste, we are going astray ourselves. The amount of water we use is very limited. With proper use, we can save our usable water.
Using the toilet as a garbage can:
The Toilet flush is used to clean toilet paper and human waste. Approximately five to seven gallons of water is used each time during the flush. Facial tissue or feminine products and toilets are discarded, so more water is used to clean it, which increases water wastage and is harmful to both toilet pipes and drains.
Taking bath & Long shower:
If we look at a statistic, the average American uses 17.2 gallons of water in the bath and they bathe for about 8 minutes each time. If you think this way, it uses a lot of water.
A low-flow showerhead uses two gallons of water per minute which is very effective for saving water so low flow shower head should be used.
How to Save Wasting Water
- Rainwater should be retained which can be used to irrigate your indoor and outdoor plants.
- WaterSense labeled a low flow showerhead can save about 3 gallons of water per minute. Also, if you use less time in the bath, it is possible to prevent wastage of about 10 gallons of water.
- Water wastage can be prevented by using WaterSense labelled low-flow fixtures at home.
- Most landscapes are better watered two or three times a week to prevent wastage of water.
- Create a 2 ”to 4” layer of mulch around your plant to avoid excess evaporation. This will also protect the plant moisture, prevent water wastage.
- Your car wash should be commercially washed where water use is ensured or your lawn should be cleaned in case of a car wash.
Let’s admit that we are responsible for wasting water in some way….
Take responsibility to Prevent wasting water
Water goes under the drain:
An overall common way to waste water is when we brush our teeth or shave or wash our dishes while our faucets are running. The dish can be easily washed by storing water in the sink, which reduces water wastage. We can easily clean our face with a glass of water. If you brush your teeth while running the faucet, it wastes a lot of water. Our little awareness will make our future beautiful.
Keep in mind while flushing:
Approximately 5 gallons of water is used each time the flush is used. If we use flush unnecessarily, hundreds of gallons of water are wasted every week, so care must be taken when using flush after going to the toilet.you can choose the Best flushing toilet which will be water efficient as well as cost minimization.
Car Clean Warning:
When cleaning a car, we usually use a hose, which leaves about 150 gallons of water wasted. If we use a bucket of water and a sponge with a little effort, in this case, we will prevent wastage of water in the same way as we do physical exercise.
In the future, we may have to pay a lot more for our luxuries, which cannot be measured in terms of money. Generally, a lot of water is wasted in a long shower. So long showers should be avoided to prevent wastage of water.
Leaky faucet & toilets:
If we look at different statistics, we can get an idea of how much water is wasted on leaky faucets & toilets. The idea is that one thousand gallons of water are wasted in a month just because the faucet is leaking. One of the main culprits for wasting water in the home is leaky faucets and toilets. A leaky faucet wastes about 22 gallons of water per day, which is a waste of 8,000 gallons per year.
The last thing we want to say is that we all want our future to be more vibrant and the next generation to be able to survive in this world spontaneously, we have to try to make this small wish come true. If we are a little more aware of our own place, we will be able to make this world more beautiful, which will become a healthy and beautiful place to live for every animal, starting from the whole human race. So let’s take an oath today, not to waste water anymore, proper use of water will make the world more beautiful.